Skip to main content

Harris may skip 1st test citing personal reasons

The 1st test between India and Australia was due to start on Thursday at the Gabba in Brisbane, but was delayed due to Hughes freak on-field accident last week and left players emotionally shattered, James Sutherland, on Tuesday said that it was too early to say which players would be mentally ready for the rescheduled Test series against India as mourners began arriving for Hughes funeral. Australia's four-Test series will now begin in Adelaide on December 9. One of Australia's premier fast bowlers, Ryan Harris, has already said that he isn't sure about playing in the first Test at Adelaide. "I am thinking about it and I am not sure. I have lost my mother before and I was pushed to play by my father and my brother and it probably helped," Harris said."However, this will be tough for some boys and it is going to be tough for me too. I will have to work it out when I get to Adelaide and see how we all feel. The boys who were there and witnessed what happened” he added. Cricket Australia will talk about this with BCCI and will take decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kieron Pollard leaves ODI, return to West Indies board

The West Indies team has been qualified for the World cup 2019. The team has been qualified for the ICC world Cup in the qualifiers round in 2018. Though losing to Afghanistan in the final, the team has made a space in the World Cup 2019.

On this take, Kieron Pollard has shared his excitement towards the team. Pollard said that he was delighted to see that the West Indies has been qualified for the World Cup 2019. While talking with the 30 year old, all rounder player Pollard that he is available to play one –day internationals for West Indies team. Well, he also said that he is unsure about the plans of the board for him in the 50 over format game.

Adding to the talks, Pollard said that he is disappointed that the team has to go through the qualifier test matches. It has made him some kind of disappointments but, he is happy that the boys of West Indies team have done a phenomenal job. The official statement was - Obviously, as a West Indian cricketer, it's disappointing that we…

Sangakkara to play for Surrey post cricket world cup 2015

Sri Lankan star Kumara Sangakkara is in fine touch with bat will play for Surrey for the upcoming county season soon after the completion of cricket world cup 2015. He is in excellent form in the recently concluded test series against New Zealand scoring double ton. He also crossed the record of Don Bradman for highest number of test hundreds in tests. "He is a perfect player and that is important because he will be working with our young players. He is the No 1 Test batsman in the world, it's the character that he has which is important to us," Surrey director, Alec Stewart said. Sangakkara has announced his retirement from ODI after the completion of cricket world cup 2015 in Australia and New Zealand.